Cityscape – EXCLUSIVE Town Hall Tower photographic tour confirmed!
Limited Places Available
In the first Secret Cities: Immersion workshops participants will be invited to central Manchester to experience a full day of photography, exploration and Photoshop training with Andrew Brooks.
The day will begin at the People’s History Museum where you’ll learn about the project to date; get the chance to see the work produced for Hidden Manchester, Secret Cities: Edinburgh, Zoetermeer and Sittard Geleen; and get a first glance at the development of the new project as the work develops from traditional print into the realms of projection installation.
After the introduction Andrew will demonstrate his photographic techniques for capturing images and assist with individual camera set-up and technique. We will then head out into Manchester to a series of pre-arranged locations where Andrew will demonstrate his work in the field and help you capture the shots needed to start creating your own immersive images focussing specifically on cityscapes.
We have just confirmed our major location for the workshops will be the tower of Manchseter Town Hall including a full tour and opportunities to shoot cityscapes from the top – coached by Andrew Brooks.
Following the location shoots we will head to the new Manchester Central Library Media Lounge where we will have full access to Adobe CS6 Creative Cloud Master Suite. Here Andrew will deliver a hands-on crash-course in Photoshop teaching you his skills in digital image manipulation.
Participants will then be invited to submit their work for exhibition alongside the new artwork being produced as part of the R&D element of the project.
Info & Requirements:
- Participants should provide their own camera. All cameras can be effective but full manual control is preferred.
- Tripods can be useful, though not essential.
- Participants must be in good health and able to walk up and down over 150 steps (some locations are difficult to access – if you do have access requirements please contact us to discuss how we can make your attendance at the workshops practicable and enjoyable).
- Participants should be comfortable with heights.
- It is advisable to bring a head-torch…
- …and your lunch.
- 7 iMacs with Adobe CC Master Collection are available at the library Media Lounge which will be shared between two for the workshop element of the day.
- Participants are welcome to bring their own laptops and software – all teaching will be taking place on Adobe Photoshop CS6 CC however the techniques are transferable to earlier versions and we will make all efforts to support your work in the workshops.
- Follow the project on Twitter @SC_immersion, Facebook, #scimmersion